Marine Service Technician- Full-time
Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
Shore Cycle & Marine
Posting last updated:
October 17, 2023
Shore Cycle Marine has been powering Nova Scotia’s South Shore for over 40 years serving motorsports and marine customers throughout the province. To meet our steadily growing customer demands, we have expanded into our new 40,000 square foot facility on highway 103, exit 10, Mahone Bay.
Brands of Marine Products that will be worked on include: Yamaha & Suzuki Outboards, G3 Boats, Coastal Boats, Bennington Pontoons, White River Marine Group as well as Power Equipment such as, Power Washers, Gas & Diesel Generators, Water Pumps. Compensation is based on experience.
We are hiring for an experienced Marine Service Technician! An individual who has the skills, qualifications, and experience listed below are encouraged to apply. You are passionate about the Marine Industry, and you enjoy working with a great team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Marine Service Manager, primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to.
• Full rigging of boats (for Yamaha, Suzuki, or Mercury).
• Installing, servicing, and repairs of marine electronic equipment.
• Test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, antennas as well as, load, update, and modify software.
• Utilize knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems and make intelligent use of schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments.
• Set up and pre-delivery inspections of marine products, boats, outboards.
• Diagnosing, evaluating, recommending, and repair of marine products and outboards.
• Excellent mechanical skills and the ability to work on his / her own.
• Have the required tools.
• Has computer knowledge, being familiar with Windows programs.
• Possess a valid class 5 or higher driver’s license.
• Pleasure Craft Operator Certificate
Skills & Qualifications
• 3-5 years experience as a Marine Service Technician.
• Certified with Mercury, Yamaha, or Suzuki marine products.
• Forklift operation experience or operator’s certificate.
• First Aid certificate.
• Training from any industry related schools or OEM programs.
• An exciting, fun, and stable working environment.
• The opportunity to experience the products we offer.
• The opportunity to help our customers fulfill their dreams and build long-term client relationships.
• Training opportunities and programs to advance your skills.
• A health and benefits package.
• Full-time year-round work.
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• Store discount
• Vision care
This position will include full benefits after 6 months of working.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Or visit, http://www.shorecyclemarinecareers.com/marine-technician.html
Additional information online (if applicable):
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: