Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
ABCO Industries Inc.
Posting last updated:
November 20, 2023
ABCO is presently seeking a Custodian to join our growing team. Reporting to the Office Manager, the Custodian will be responsible for keep the building and grounds clean and neat, in a safe manner that meets company standards. The Custodian will use cleaning chemicals to maintain equipment and other supplies while dusting, vacuuming, mopping and cleaning restrooms.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensuring offices are cleaned for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces.
• Sweeping and moping floors and vacuuming carpets.
• Cleaning restrooms, i.e., wash and sanitize toilets and sinks and restock disposables (soap and
• Cleaning mirrors and windows.
• Preparing requisitions for cleaning equipment, supplies and paper products to make sure sufficient
quantities on hand.
• Performing maintenance and minor repairs (painting, replacing broken switches, fixing door
handles, minor leaks etc.).
• Reporting major damages and oversee repairs.
• Securing facilities after operating hours by locking doors, turning off lights and closing windows.
• Undertaking occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from steps and entrance areas
and salting, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
• Keeping the building and grounds clean and neat, in a safe manner that meets company standards.
Skills & Qualifications
• High school diploma preferred but not required.
• Experience as custodian, janitor or housekeeping.
• Knowledge of use and maintenance eof cleaning equipment and appliances.
• Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components.
• Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Physically able to lift 50 lbs and work on feet for duration of shift.
Situated on the harbour of the UNESCO World Heritage town of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, ABCO Industries Inc. (ABCO) is a world-class supplier and manufacturer of engineering metal products with historic roots dating back to 1947.
Located on the original site of ‘Camp Norway’, a Norwegian military training facility built during WWII, ABCO operations are housed in a 42,000 sq ft facility with four distinct manufacturing branches including Food Machinery, Marine, Environmental, and Industrial. Each division is managed and supported by experienced, knowledgeable specialists who are steadfast in designing, constructing, installing, and commissioning best in class products. With 75 years experience, this locally owned firm remains committed to providing our customers with the highest standard of quality and value while ensuring innovative, customized design solutions.
ABCO is committed to the health and safety of all employees, and we are proud of our diligent safety culture. Our personnel adhere to all company health and safety procedures, always striving to keep ABCO safe and accident free.
- Will be discussed in the next steps.
• Comprehensive Extended, Health & Dental Benefits.
• Matching Pension Program.
• Company Profit Sharing.
• Paid vacation.
• 1 additional ‘flex' day each year.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Virtual Care.
• Training & education opportunities.
• Employee social events.
• Long term service awards.
• Free on-site parking.
• Employee materials purchase program.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Material Coordinator. Please include your wage expectation within your cover letter.
ABCO is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for your interest however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: