Field Service Technician, Heavy Equipment- Full-time
Posting last updated:
July 5, 2023
With over 4,000 employees and 56 locations from Manitoba to Newfoundland, Toromont Cat has a proven track record, industry knowledge, dealership infrastructure, and service mindset to ensure our Construction, Mining, and Power Generation customers succeed. At Toromont Cat, work is built around people's strengths, our products, technology, and an outstanding customer experience, and through our strong partnership with Caterpillar ™, Toromont Cat takes care of our employees who take care of our customers! When you join our team, you become a member of the Toromont family. Your success is our success!
Toromont Cat has a broad and diverse customer base that will provide consistent variety to exercise all facets of your interest and aptitude. We pride ourselves on our superior products, exceptional customer service, and our outstanding team of professionals. Toromont Cat also offers a challenging and rewarding environment, active career advancement, and the opportunity to work with our talented and diverse workforce.
As a Field Service Technician, YOU will experience:
- Working within one of the safest organizations in the industry where your safety and well-being are our most important priority
- Working for the best-in-class equipment dealer and with the premium Caterpillar brand
- Opportunities to continuously Learn, Grow and Develop with our Toromont team through our internal Training teams that are geared for your success
- Competitive total rewards including wages, benefits, and premiums (as eligible)
- An opportunity for flexible work schedules and opportunities across multiple locations across Eastern Canada
Duties & Responsibilities
- Possess a strong work ethic and a positive attitude to get the job done right and on time.
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound, and healthy work behaviors at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Culture
- Diagnose mechanical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment and leveraging top-tier technical skills
- Maintain quality workmanship to repair Caterpillar equipment within the established time standards out in the field
- Maintain excellent communication and trusted customer relationships through regular on-site visits
Skills & Qualifications
- A valid Technician License relative to this position, following provincial standards
- Minimum 3 years of experience in repair and service of heavy equipment both in the shop and in the field
- Familiarity with Cat systems (ET and SIS would be beneficial)
- A valid Driver’s Licence (DZ Licence preferred)
Will be discussed in the next steps.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: