Shop Technician C (Heavy Equipment)- Permanent, Full time
Posting last updated:
April 21, 2022
Founded in 1993, Toromont Cat is a division of Toromont Industries, a publicly-traded, diversified growth company incorporated in 1963. We are focused on developing solutions to help our customers succeed. We are committed to being the preferred choice for our customers, with more than 300 models of specialized machines and attachments in our Cat product line, a wide selection of related equipment and technology partners, and a variety of rental and service options for any job.
We are currently hiring a Heavy Equipment Shop Mechanic for our Sydney, NS Branch.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for servicing a particular line of Caterpillar equipment and components in our shop. Your day will include planning, troubleshooting, and repairing, as well as, preparing necessary service reports for customers. We’re looking for people who are interested in diverse product ranges such as heavy equipment, on-highway trucks, marine, and commercial engine markets, to name a few.
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player who will focus on safety and customer satisfaction in every job. You must possess a strong work ethic and a positive attitude to get the job done right and on time.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound, and healthy work behaviors at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs, and initiatives
• Perform both preventative and corrective maintenance on Caterpillar Heavy Equipment
• Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
• Repair and service Caterpillar and all heavy equipment within the established standards out in the field and on customer sites
• Prepare accurate service and repair work order reports in a timely manner
• Maintain excellent customer relations through frequent communication
• Undertake assignments as required in support of customer needs
Skills & Qualifications
• A Licensed Heavy Equipment Technician with a minimum of 3-5 years experience working in the trade
• Highly safety conscious with basic knowledge of cutting, welding, and fabrication
• Able to read and understand prints, drawings, and technical bulletins
• Customer centric with excellent relationship management, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Organized and analytical with high attention to detail and a sense of urgency
• Work with high standards to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated team player with high integrity and initiative
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Cat Systems would be an asset
• Willing and able to work shifts as required in support of the business
Compensation and Benefits will be discussed in the next steps
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: