Shipyard Manager- Permanent, Full-time (Pictou location)
Canadian Maritime Engineering
Posting last updated:
May 24, 2022
CME is a multi-faceted organization that services all marine and industrial companies including machining, mechanical, welding, fabrication, and specialty coatings. CME’s strength lies in our workforce of highly trained, experienced, and knowledgeable employees who are capable of providing custom mechanical engineering and advanced industrial solutions to meet your specific needs.
With 10 locations across Canada, we are a well-known Canadian leader with a reliable team able to skillfully execute a wide range of projects in industries such as Marine, Oil and Gas, Power Generation, and National Defense.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Lead and communicate with staff, customers, and other support departments to ensure delivery of projects on time and on budget.
· Project quoting, planning, management, completion, and engineering on a variety of projects
· Schedule and assign manpower as required, while delivering projects on budget & on-time
· Day to day support with mechanical, machining, and welding trades. This includes troubleshooting, Performing tasks, and coaching employees.
· Enhance shop production by identifying areas for improvement and recommending new processes or equipment
· Sell the services of both slips and ensure that work is continuously coming in the door.
· Other Duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 years of relevant product management experience in ship repair
- Completion of relevant College Technical/Vocational Training or extensive shipbuilding experience in lieu of post-secondary credentials.
- Applicants should have strong multi-disciplinary skills and a proven record of managing work in a safe and efficient manner
Salary: $13.00-$40.00 per hour
Extended health care
Paid time off
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: