Red Seal Automotive Technician- Full-time, Permanent
Mahone Bay, NS
Shore Cycle & Marine Ltd.
Posting last updated:
November 20, 2023
Shore Cycle Marine has been powering Nova Scotia’s South Shore for over 40 years serving motorsports and marine customers throughout the province. To meet our steadily growing customer demands, we have expanded into our new 40,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility on highway 103, exit 10, Mahone Bay.
We’re excited to announce that an opportunity has opened for a Red Seal Automotive Technician! We are looking for an individual with a great personality, who wants to take their experience in automotive and try something different, Powersports or Marine.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you should have:
- A strong background in mechanical skills.
- Red Seal automotive certification.
- Valid Nova Scotia drivers license.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Be able to communicate professionally with co-workers and assimilate and understand given information.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Diagnose defects in powersports and small engine equipment.
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
- Complete work orders and time cards accurately.
- Install new and added-on equipment.
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Repair cooling and lubrication systems.
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
- Instruct apprentices (if needed)
Brands of Motorcycles/ATV/Side x Sides that will be worked on include: Honda, BMW, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha, as well as Power Equipment such as, Power Washers, Gas & Diesel Generators, Water Pumps, and Outboard Motors, Yamaha, Suzuki & Mercury.
Skills & Qualifications
Auto, marine or motorsports technician: 2 years (required)
Red seal certification. (required)
Our new Red Seal Automotive Technician will be compensated based on experience.
This position will include full benefits after 6 months of working.
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: