Purchasing Manager- Full-time
Canadian Maritime Engineering Ltd.
Posting last updated:
September 30, 2023
Canadian Maritime Engineering Ltd. (CME). and its predecessor companies in The Russell Group have been operating for more than 30+ years. CME is a multi-faceted organization that services all marine and industrial companies including machining, mechanical, welding, fabrication and specialty coatings. CME’s strength lies in our work force of highly trained, experienced and knowledgeable employees who are capable of providing custom mechanical engineering and advanced industrial solutions to meet your specific needs. We are a well-known Canadian leader with a reliable team able to skillfully execute a wide range of projects in industries such as: Marine, Oil and Gas, Power Generation, and National Defense.
We’re looking for people who are committed to producing great work and enjoying themselves while doing it. We’re looking for people with ideas and energy who want to make an impact. We’re looking for people who will see the limitless opportunities for professional and personal development and seize them.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
- Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services.
- Selecting the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Monitoring inventory levels and determining purchase needs.
- Requesting cost proposals and negotiating contracts and prices.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders.
- Maintaining records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and payments.
- Scheduling and verifying purchase deliveries.
- Building and maintaining positive, long-term supplier relations.
- Responsible for procurement and purchasing activities on assigned projects/vendors.
- Prepares, reviews and issues purchase orders.
- Proactively communicate with Project Managers and department heads to ensure good project communication.
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records.
- Liaises with Quality Control to report defective or unacceptable goods or services.
- Ensures that all contract procedures are followed and executed in a professional manner.
- Maintains records of business transactions and product inventories, reporting data to companies or government agencies as necessary.
- Proactively follow up with Sales and/or Project Management to confirm purchasing requirements, ensuring timely purchase of goods to meet customer demands.
- Be available outside of core business hours (remotely) to field urgent purchasing concerns.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Inventory Control
- Other duties as assigned such as CSO for the company
To be successful as a Purchasing Agent you should be able to critically assess suppliers, products, and services, and negotiate the best possible deals. Ultimately, an outstanding Purchasing Agent has a keen sense of business and maintains meticulous transaction records.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years of previous experience as a Purchasing Agent or in a similar position.
- Must be proficient in Sage300 and Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word). Experience with Sage is mandatory.
- Familiar with standard procurement concepts, best practices and techniques.
- Good understanding of all logistic method and import/customs procedures.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and other third parties as required.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
Compensation to be competitive and will vary based on experience.
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: