Project Engineer (Food Machinery)- Full-time, Permanent
81 Tannery Rd, Lunenburg, NS
ABCO Industries Inc.
Posting last updated:
September 29, 2023
ABCO is presently seeking a Project Engineer - Food Machinery to join our growing team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer will be responsible for engineering, project management and design support for the Food Machinery division. International travel is a requirement for the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project management and coordination of multiple projects from initial customer conception to after sales follow-up components of a project.
- Supporting the Food Machinery sales division by developing conceptual drawings, specifications and proposals.
- Technical assistance supporting new products/markets in sales, process design, machine design, estimating, quality assurance, fabrication, equipment installation, equipment troubleshooting, customer training, customer liaison, and other technical services as directed.
- Provide technical assistance to Research and Development activities when needed.
- Provide technical assistance in manufacturing and process improvements and technology advancements.
- Technical assistance supporting asset acquisition, disposition, repair or maintenance.
- Conducting all activities and working within project budgets, standard operating procedures and corporate quality standards.
- Staying current with profession; remain knowledgeable in new designs, competitors, and shop manufacturing methods, and machinery.
- Ensuring documentation is according to standards, requirements and processes.
- Commissioning, troubleshooting and assessing installed equipment.
Skills & Qualifications
- Engineering Degree majoring in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 2 + years’ mechanical design experience preferred.
- 2 + years’ of project management experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad and Solid Works (or other 3D modeling software).
- Sound math and analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy of completed product.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills and trouble shooting skills.
- Flexibility to travel locally and internationally required.
In this role you will be a member of a well-established team, gaining experience at a medium sized company offering exposure to four distinct manufacturing branches. You will have the opportunity to enhance your skills through hands-on involvement in a variety of on site custom engineered equipment.
- Traditional business hours.
- Majority of time in office setting with time spent in fabrication shops.
- Collaborating with various departments and team members.
- Training/mentorship provided.
Will be discussed in the next steps.
- Comprehensive Extended, Health & Dental Benefits.
- Matching Pension Program.
- Company Profit Sharing.
- Paid vacation.
- 1 additional ‘flex' day each year.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Virtual Care.
- Training & education opportunities.
- Employee social events.
- Long term service awards.
- Free on-site parking.
- Employee materials purchase program.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: