Paint/ Coatings Manager- Full-time
Canadian Maritime Engineering Ltd.
Posting last updated:
September 29, 2023
Canadian Maritime Engineering Ltd. (CME). and its predecessor companies in The Russell Group have been operating for more than 30+ years. CME is a multi-faceted organization that services all marine and industrial companies including machining, mechanical, welding, fabrication, and specialty coatings. CME’s strength lies in our workforce of highly trained, experienced, and knowledgeable employees who are capable of providing custom mechanical engineering and advanced industrial solutions to meet your specific needs.
Canadian Maritime Engineering is looking to hire a Paint and Coatings Manager who will oversee the daily operation, execution, and safety of projects being worked on at the shop location as well as field locations. Maintaining a presence with the employees and ensuring CME policies and procedures are being followed. Directs and manages all aspects of the Coating business unit including Operations and Maintenance. Management responsibilities include safety, staffing, planning, scheduling, budgeting, quoting, process development, production, quality assurance, equipment maintenance, and cost control. The Paint and Coatings Manager is the key person responsible for product quality, production delivery to schedules, and product cost control.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and interpret prints and engineering documents.
- Motivate their team morale.
- Read and comprehend project schedules, safety data and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and contribute performance-based solutions is required.
- Work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous shipboard experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and adherence to hazardous waste procedures, such as but not limited to, where to store, how to label and what to do in case of a spill
- Attention to detail and documentation, to include record keeping and scheduling
- 7 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Projects
- CIP Level 2 is an asset (NACE)
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong root cause evaluation skills and the ability to problem solve
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as a team member.
Will be discussed in the next steps.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: