Metal Fabricator/Welder- Full-time
81 Tannery Rd, Lunenburg, NS
ABCO Industries Inc.
Posting last updated:
September 29, 2023
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Fabricator/Welder will be a key member of the manufacturing team at ABCO. Responsible for working safely, the Fabricator/Welder will fabricate metal structures and equipment using; sheet, plate, structural shapes, shafting, gearing, sprockets, chain, drive motors and belting. They will operate powered machinery including; rolls, shears, brakes, punch press, iron worker, cut-off saw, pipe threader, coping machine, pipe & tube bender.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring efficiency in completing their work while meeting targeted hours for each task.
- Reading shop and installation drawings while completing shop testing for manufactured equipment, diagnosing faulty operation, and undertaking corrective repair.
- Working with on aluminum and stainless steel, using both MIG and TIG equipment.
- Responsible for in-field erection, adjustment, testing and repairs of manufactured equipment.
- Conducting cutting, burning and welding which will include the use of oxy-acetylene & plasma equipment, manual & semi-automatic welding equipment. Following company rules, policies and procedures.
- Following required standards and tests established by the Canadian Welding Bureau – Code W47.1,W47.2 the NS Department of Labour and other standards as required by agencies such as Lloyds, ABS etc. and sanitary requirements of the food processing industry.
- Remaining up-to-date regarding developments and techniques applicable to the trade.
- Promoting culture of quality, continual improvement and innovation.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years experience in stainless steel or aluminum fabrication.
- Welding diploma preferred.
- CWB certification preferred.
- Ability to read and communicate in English.
- Safety conscientious.
- Ability to complete basic math calculations.
- Flexibility to work overtime which may be early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Hold a valid drivers’ license.
- Available for occasional travel.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Monday – Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- Early morning, evenings and weekends as required.
- Majority of time in fabrication shop setting.
- Exposure to loud noise, dust, moving & vibrating machinery, heavy equipment, confined spaces, electricity and heights.
- Collaborating with various departments.
- Training/mentorship provided.
Will be discussed in the next steps.
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: