Marine Sales Representative- Fulltime, Permanent
ABCO Industries Inc.
Posting last updated:
June 16, 2022
Situated on the harbor of the UNESCO World Heritage town of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, ABCO Industries Inc. (ABCO) is a world-class supplier and manufacturer of engineering metal products with historic roots dating back to 1947. Located on the original site of ‘Camp Norway’, a Norwegian military training facility built during WWII, ABCO operations are housed in a 42,000 sq ft facility with four distinct manufacturing branches including Food Machinery, Marine, Environmental, and Industrial. Each division is managed and supported by experienced, knowledgeable specialists who are steadfast in designing, constructing, installing, and commissioning best-in-class products. With 75 years of experience, this locally owned firm remains committed to providing our customers with the highest standard of quality and value while ensuring innovative, customized design solutions. If you share our values and would like to work with a uniquely specialized organization, ABCO is presently seeking a Marine Sales Representative to join our growing team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Marine Sales Representative will be responsible for leading Marine sales and marketing within the company. Selling standard and custom designs, the Marine Sales Representative will identify market opportunities for new products and clients.
Duties will include:
- Identify and establish new areas of sales for the company.
- Obtain sale leads - quoting, estimating, direct sales.
- Drive sales through marketing and relationship building.
- Expand, develop and train external commissioned Agents internationally located.
- Respond to tenders.
- Attend and promote the company at trade shows.
- Support equipment installations, troubleshooting, and assessment of installed equipment.
- Identify and provide conceptual designs, specifications, and market opportunities for new
- Identify root causes of equipment issues + implement corrective action to improve product
quality and efficiency.
- Ensure standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure the Marine department utilizes up-to-date design and drafting aids.
- Ensure all documentation is in accordance with standards, requirements, and processes.
- Populate client contract terms in a correct, timely manner.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
This Marine Sales Representative role will have the potential to evolve into a team lead role, overseeing additional sales team representatives.
Skills & Qualifications
As the ideal candidate, you will be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative. You will have 5 + years of successful sales experience within the marine industry, preferably in small craft. You will hold an Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma or a related field. A Professional Engineering designation is preferred but not required for this role.
- Ability to quote effectively.
- Proven ability to translate inquiries to sales.
- Knowledge of Federal Government Tenders
- Knowledge of commercial and pleasure vessels.
- Knowledge of uncrewed surface vessels.
- Sound technical skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally required.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a well-developed team of professionals in a collaborative environment. You will be challenged to establish new market opportunities while enhancing existing client relationships. You will be rewarded with regard from your peers as well as satisfaction from our clients.
ABCO is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Extended, Health &
- Dental Benefits
- Matching Pension Program
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid vacation
- 1 additional ‘flex' day each year
- Training & education opportunities
- Employee social events
- Long term service awards
- Free on-site parking
- Employee materials purchase program
ABCO is committed to the health and safety of all employees, and we are proud of our diligent safety
culture. Our personnel adhere to all company health and safety procedures, always striving to keep
ABCO is safe and accident-free.
ABCO Covid-19 safety protocols include screening questions, temperature checks, masking, physical
distancing, increased cleaning & disinfecting, and on-site rapid Covid-19 testing administered by trained team members.
Please submit your cover letter and up-to-date resume as a Word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
referencing Marine Sales Representative in the subject line. Please include your salary expectation
within your cover letter.
All applications will be reviewed by our recruitment team. If the ABCO opportunity (current or future)
matches your skills and experience, we will contact you to discuss the role further.
ABCO is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for your interest however only
candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To learn more about ABCO Industries Inc. please visit our website at www.abco.ca.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: