Marine Mechanic/ Service Technician
Cheticamp Boatbuilders Ltd.
Posting last updated:
July 5, 2023
Cheticamp Boatbuilders is seeking a full-time mechanic/marine service technician. Cheticamp Boatbuilders has a 40-year history of servicing the fishing industry in the region through building, repairing, and servicing fishing vessels up to 65’ in length. The company recently changed ownership and is seeking to expand its workforce to keep up with the demands of the industry. Our shop consists of a dozen or more highly experienced team members all willing and able to help the successful candidate become a well-rounded mechanic/marine service technician that knows the boats we work on inside and out. It is important to note that we are unwavering in our pledge to provide premium craftsmanship, attention to detail, and customer service. If any of these three pillars of our business seem problematic to you or do not align with your personal values, please consider applying elsewhere. If these values align with your personal values and enjoy a high-paced, ever-changing, and positive work environment, please reach out!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diesel engine installation and repair.
- Marine transmission installation and repair
- Propeller and steering system installation and repair.
- Hydraulic system installation and repair.
- Electrical system installation and repair.
- Pumps and plumbing installation and repair
- Assisting with welding and fabrication.
- Assisting with other boat-building duties.
- Being flexible, helpful, working independently or in teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Wages will be commensurate with your level of experience
Extended health care
Language training provided
Paid time off
- Flexible Language Requirement:
French not required
Monday to Friday
- Supplemental pay types:
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: