Inside Sales Representative- Permanent, Fulltime
Posting last updated:
June 9, 2022
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products, and steel distributors.
Russel Metals is currently seeking an individual for the position of Inside Sales Representative in our Halifax, NS location. This is a salaried, full-time, permanent position.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury-free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors, and visitors. Due to the safety-sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post-offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
Hours of work include: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (40hrs per week).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Grow the revenues and the profits in accordance with the business plan
- Identify and maximize all sales and market development opportunities
- Ensure outstanding customer service is provided by developing rapport and strengthening - - relationships with key customers
- Monitor, evaluate, and make recommendations with respect to lost sales opportunities to --continually improve upon sales results
- Effective communication and negotiation skills in dealing with external and internal customers
- Liaise with purchasing department to ensure sufficient product is available to meet customer demand
- Identify slow-moving products to establish targets for reduction
- Ensure that sales productivity continually improves
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum two (2) years of sales experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical, time management, and organizational stills
- Post secondary education in the field of Metallurgy, Marketing, or Business Administration
- Prior sales experience within the steel industry
- Previous purchasing experience
- Ability to read customer's metal processing drawings
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: