Infusion Technician- Permanent, Fulltime
Meteghan River, NS
A.F. Theriault & Son Ltd
Posting last updated:
May 31, 2022
An Infusion Technician laminates layers of fiberglass on molds to form hulls, hatches, and components. They also perform routine physical labor; moving materials, tools, and/or equipment; cleaning equipment, vehicles, machinery, and work areas; operating various types of tools, such as pneumatic, electric, and hand; brush roll or hand brush painting. Also, carry out additional duties according to the supervisor's directions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manufacturing of boats and composite components with hi-tech closed moulded resin infusion technology.
- Subassembly of vessels and composite components to high-quality fit and finish standards.
- Apply layers of plastic resin to mold surfaces prior to placement of fiberglass mats, repeating layers until products have the desired thicknesses.
- Select precut fiberglass mats, cloth, and wood-bracing materials as required by projects being assembled.
- Repair or modify damaged or defective glass-fiber parts, checking thicknesses, densities, and contours to ensure a close fit after repair.
- Will be exposed to environmental elements as work is conducted inside and outside throughout the year.
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous shipyard/marine experience is preferred
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment in the production of composites and vacuum infusion.
- Applicants must be safety conscious
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed to complete projects or meet deadlines
- Possess the ability to work well both with a team or unsupervised
- Applicant must provide Steel Toe boots, all other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for this position is provided
Salary: Discussed in next steps
Extended health care
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: