In-Shop Service Supervisor
Cummins Sales & Service Ltd.
Posting last updated:
March 29, 2023
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place, and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented In-Shop Service Supervisor to join our team for our Distribution Business Segment in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises employees who install, service, and repair equipment and machinery.
- Supervises Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; coordinates and schedules Technician work schedules; communicates repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes; monitors Technician productivity and repair quality.
- Provides coaching and feedback to individual Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; provides performance reviews and opportunities for professional growth.
- Provides first level of support to Service Technicians requiring assistance; escalates technical support needs for resolution when needed.
- Manages service logistics including the use of materials, equipment, and employees ensuring safety, quality, and efficient operations
- Develop and/or reviews quotes for accuracy prior to communication to customers; provides updates on repair status and any plan or schedule changes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Monitors the status of open repairs with technicians; addresses issues that impact the completion of the repair plan in the time quoted to customers.
- Monitors goals and targets for the branch; measures, reviews, and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Resolves customer concerns related to Cummins or distributor warranties; develops strong relationships with key customers through frequent and professional communication.
Skills & Qualifications
- Diagnostics Application - Translates customer complaints to develop a troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issues following guided workflows, procedures, and specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
- Warranty Process - Analyzes customer issues to verify the root cause of failure and associated progressive damage using Cummins published service information; interprets the warranty administration manual to determine eligibility for coverage and claim requirements; identifies items associated with a repair that can be covered and communicates to stakeholders; files a claim in the appropriate system using proper documentation and requirements to receive an accurate settlement.
- Technical Escalation - Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Documentation - Creates and verifies customer, equipment, and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
- Electronic Service Tool Application - Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilizes the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine the next steps for service resolution.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Directs work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying an understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Education, Licenses, Certifications
Demonstrated role competence is required. College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
An intermediate level of relevant work experience in a technical field, including team leadership experience, is required.
In-shop Supervisor for 7-8 Technicians and 1 Service Admin
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: