Heavy Equipment Field Service Mechanic- Full-time, Permanent
Posting last updated:
May 24, 2022
Think big about your career and join the Toromont Cat Team!
Toromont Cat is a division of Toromont Industries, a publically traded, diversified growth company with locations across Canada. We are focused on offering our customers solutions aimed at making their business more successful. We supply over 300 machine models and specialized attachments in our Cat equipment product line, and varied service and rental options, regardless of your needs or the job at hand. We strive to be your first choice. Safety is our top priority; a safe work environment is fostered amongst all levels and is sustained through our values and actions.
We are currently seeking several Field Service Technicians – Heavy Equipment to join our growing team based out of Dartmouth, NS.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for servicing a particular line of Caterpillar equipment and components out in the field and on our customer sites.
Your day will include planning, troubleshooting, and repairing, as well as, preparing necessary service reports for customers. We’re looking for people who are interested in diverse product ranges such as heavy equipment, on-highway trucks, marine, and commercial engine markets, to name a few.
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player who will focus on safety and customer satisfaction in every job. You must possess a strong work ethic and a positive attitude to get the job done right and on time.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound, and healthy work behaviors at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs, and initiatives
· Perform both preventative and corrective maintenance on Caterpillar Heavy Equipment
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
- Repair and service Caterpillar and all heavy equipment within the established standards out in the field and on customer sites
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner
- Maintain excellent customer relations through frequent communication
- Undertake assignments as required in support of customer needs
Skills & Qualifications
- A Licensed Heavy Equipment Technician with a minimum of 6 plus years of experience working in the trade
- Previous Field Service experience is considered an asset
- Highly safety conscious with basic knowledge of cutting, welding, and fabrication
- Able to read and understand prints, drawings, and technical bulletins
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Organized and analytical with high attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work on jobs independently
- Work with high standards to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated team player with high integrity and initiative
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Cat Systems would be an asset
- Willing and able to work shifts as required in support of the business
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and clean Driver's Abstract
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Employee stock purchase plan
Extended health care
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: