General Labourer- Full-time
Comeau's Sea Foods Ltd.
Posting last updated:
February 3, 2022
Interested in a new and exciting career opportunity with no experience required? Well, Comeau Marine is now expanding their team and looking for motivated individuals to assist them in its maintenance and vessel repair projects. Year-round work is available!
We embrace diversity and inclusion and welcome all applicants, those in historically underrepresented groups such as indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with a disability, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity. We also acknowledge new Canadians that are working to establish their roots in Nova Scotia. Please feel free to self-identify.
All interviews will take place with your safety in mind and meet the most appropriate interviewing practices, via phone, online or live with distance protocols. Anyone on site for an interview or newly employed must provide proof of double vaccination.
Duties & Responsibilities
While General laborer is the title, this is a great opportunity for an individual to develop a diverse skillset. While on-the-job training will be provided, the successful applicant must be flexible to assist the team in various types of labor work throughout the season, as required. Love working outdoors? Most of our duties, which include ship repair, take place right beside the beautiful ocean coastline of Baie-Sainte-Marie, Nova Scotia.
Skills & Qualifications
· Safety conscious; to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and others
· Experience in carpentry or fiberglassing considered a strong asset
· Good verbal communication skills
· Reliable, punctual, and able to work to timelines
· Regularly required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
· Must also be able to climb, kneel, reach, crouch, crawl, or work in confined spaces.
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Positive, friendly, and courteous
Discussed in the next steps of the application process
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: