Finish Carpenter- Full-time, permanent
Lower East Pubnico, NS
Belliveau Shipyard Ltd.
Posting last updated:
November 20, 2023
We are looking for a talented carpenter to join our team as a Finish Carpenter. You will be working mainly on new construction, completing the finishing work on the inside of each vessel. This is a full-time permanent position, 8 hrs per day and 5 days a week, there may be some overtime required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Finish carpentry, construction, and remodeling projects.
- The ability to follow plans and construct to customer specifications is required.
- Build wooden structures: Lay out bulk heads, including engine bed and fuel tank platforms.
- Lay down the structure for decks, construct the wheelhouse framework
- Install doors and cabinet doors.
- Install mouldings in the interior.
Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate Completion of Carpenter trade course preferred
- Familiarity with common power and hand tools
- Physical strength and stamina
- Mechanically inclined, organization, numeracy
- Effective oral communication skills
- Valid driver's license, own transportation, etc.
- This position will work both outside, and inside shop on new construction
- Heavy lifting wet/damp
- Work from heights, onboard fishing vessels.
This position is permanent full-time. We offer a competitive wage based on experience, ranging from $30 per hour to $35 per hour, Group Insurance, paid Holiday shutdown, and a bonus of $2.50/hr if 40 are hours worked.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: