Fabrication Shop Labourer- Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship (Urgently hiring!!!)
Comeau's Sea Foods/Marine Railway Ltd.
Posting last updated:
February 2, 2022
Have we met? We are Comeau’s Sea Foods. We have been proudly harvesting, processing, and globally distributing fish and seafood products for over 75 years. We are a successful Maritime company that is connected to the ocean, our East Coast communities, and a family-focused lifestyle. We’re also committed to providing safe, consistent, and rewarding work for our team, crew, and community. We are more than just ‘the fish plant up the road’; we support our crew. When you work with us, you grow your skills and we become part of your extended family.
We don’t just fish or process; we also operate full-scale industrial-grade metal fabrication and machining, ship repair, and maintenance services.
We embrace inclusion and diversity and welcome all applicants, those in historically underrepresented groups such as indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with a disability, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity. We also acknowledge new Canadians that are working to establish their roots in Nova Scotia. Please feel free to self-identify.
All interviews will take place with your safety in mind and meet the most appropriate interviewing practices, via phone, online or live with distance protocols. Anyone on site for an interview or newly employed must provide proof of double vaccination.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Welding Shop Supervisor, the Fabrication Shop Labourer will act as a go-to for our services team. Responsibilities will include:
· Assist the welding shop team in repairs, preventive maintenance, and fabrication of marine, manufacturing, and processing equipment as well as work on a variety of other industrial projects.
· Preparation of parts and materials for projects being completed.
· Travel throughout South West Nova Scotia for field service calls for client fishing vessels and other projects
· Use grinders, drills, and other fabrication tools (training will be provided as needed)
· Clean equipment and area as needed, maintaining a safe and organized environment.
· Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills to maintain an open dialogue with supervisor, and fellow Comeau’s Employees
· Maintain records and inventory
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
· A working knowledge of metal shop equipment (Asset)
· Valid drivers license and clean driving abstract (required)
· Experience in production/ fabrication considered an (asset)
· Willingness to learn operation/ utilization of various tools, machinery, and equipment
· Safety minded; proven ability to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and others
· On-the-job training is provided.
· Reliable, punctual, and ability to work to timelines
· Regularly required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
· Must also be able to climb, kneel, reach, crouch, crawl, or work in confined spaces.
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Positive, friendly, and courteous
· Reliable with good organizational and time management skills
· Safety conscious and a keen eye for detail
· Client-focused mindset and takes pride in work
· Good verbal communication skills to maintain an open dialogue with supervisor, and fellow employees
· Mechanically inclined
Extended health care
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: