81 Tannery Rd, Lunenburg, NS
ABCO Industries Inc.
Posting last updated:
July 24, 2023
Reporting to the Mechanical Shop Manager, the Marine Electrician will be responsible for the electrical installation of new vessel electrical systems as well as refits and upgrades to existing systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide preliminary sketches or value estimates for materials or services.
· Follow blueprints, prepare sketches to see the placement of wiring or equipment, and confirm correspondence to assembling and safety codes.
· Examine the electrical systems of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, like ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to confirm the compatibility and safety of the system.
· Install, repair, or replace wiring equipment or fixtures, using hand or power tools.
· Diagnose faulty systems, apparatus, and parts to determine root causes and correct problems accordingly.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or parts to determine hazards, defects, or the necessity for adjustment or repair while confirming compliance with codes.
· Work on installing, maintaining, repairing, and replacing marine electrical (AC/DC) and electronic systems for powerboats and sailboats.
· Communicate with manufacturers where necessary regarding technical equipment.
· Perform routine and annual maintenance of client boats.
Skills & Qualifications
· 5 + years of marine electrical naval shipbuilding experience.
· An electrical trade certificate and equivalent training.
· Ability to perform basic math calculations.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
· Ability to communicate in English.
· Must be reasonably available for overtime and site work.
· Must take direction from Shop Management in a positive and cooperative ‘can do’ manner.
· Ability to collaborate across various teams and departments.
· Excellent time management skills and troubleshooting skills.
· Driver's license required.
· Flexibility to travel locally occasionally as required.
· Traditional business hours (8 am – 4:30 pm).
· Majority of time in a fabrication shop setting.
· Collaborating with various departments.
· Paid vacation.
· Overtime available.
· Banked time program.
· Company Profit Sharing.
· Matching Pension Program.
· Comprehensive Extended, Health & Dental Benefits.
· 1 additional ‘flex' day each year.
· Employee Assistance Program.
· Virtual Care.
· Training & education opportunities.
· Employee social events.
· Long-term service awards.
· Free on-site parking.
· Employee materials purchase program.
· Boot allowance.
· Tool allowance.
· Risk pay/height pay.
· Road pay.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: