Administration/Accounts Payable Clerk- Permanent, Fulltime
Posting last updated:
June 9, 2022
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. The company conducts business in three metals distribution segments: metals service centers, energy products, and steel distributors.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented individual for the position of Administration/Accounts Payable Clerk within our Lakeside, NS branch. This is a full-time, onsite permanent position that reports directly to the Administration Supervisor.
Russel Metals is committed to a safe and injury-free work environment for all our employees, contractors, customers, vendors, and visitors. Due to the safety-sensitive environment of our locations, depending on the position applied for you may be required to participate in post-offer pre-employment medical testing, including drug testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Match, code, and verify invoices for payment in Oracle financial system
- Process supplier invoices for inventory, freight, and outside services
- Analyze variances and identify the source
- Prepare related month-end journal entries
- Process employee expense reports
- Prepare and apply daily deposits
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Working experience in accounts payable is a required asset
- Strong attention to detail and ability to reprioritize tasks according to timelines
- Strong organizational, decision making, and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Self-motivated, professional, courteous, and reliable.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Business Administration Diploma
- A basic understanding of accounting business cycle transactions
- Experience working with Oracle Financial
- 3-5 years of previous Administration experience.
Russel Metals offers a competitive compensation plan that includes a competitive base salary, attractive profit-sharing plan, comprehensive benefits program, group Pension Plan, and various incentive and recognition programs.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable, and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Additional Details (where available)
Job Post on Indeed:
Job Post on Canada Job Bank:
Job Post on Facebook:
Job Post on Company Website: