Info Session on Plan Approval Process w/ Transport Canada
Do you build or design fishing boats?
If so, the following information and information session is for you!
Under the Small Fishing Vessel Inspection Regulations, Transport Canada requires certain drawings and design information to be approved before boat construction is started.
- What drawings does Transport Canada require?
- When do they require them?
- Do drawings have to be AutoCAD or similar?
- Does Transport Canada require drawings for each and every fishing boat I build?
- What is Transport Canada’s turnaround time?
- What are the boatbuilder’s responsibilities for plan submission to Transport Canada?
- Should I go through the closest Transport Canada District Office and / or the Regional Office in Dartmouth?
- What’s the cost of plan submissions?
- Do I have to hire a P.Eng. / Naval Architect to produce the required drawings?
If you have questions like these – then come to the information Q&A session to find out the answers from Transport Canada staff.
Date: Thursday, 24th May, 2012
Where: Nova Scotia Community College – Burridge Campus, Yarmouth, NS
Time: 10:00am – nonn
Cost: FREE to NSBA members
$20 admission for non-members
Coffee / Tea provided.
Please let the NSBA know if you plan to attend by emailing Tim.
This meeting is organized by the Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association – representing boatbuilders in Canada’s Maritimes.