Code of Ethics
The NSBA continues to encourage its members to follow quality practices in all aspects of boatbuilding, and provides many tools and resources to help them achieve consistent standards of quality, value, safety and service. Members agree to abide by NSBA’s Code of Ethics.
NSBA’s Code of Ethics
To help the Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association achieve its mandate to promote and protect the boatbuilding industry in Canada’s Maritimes, and to foster an environment that will help boatbuilders realize sustained business growth, members of the NSBA pledge themselves:
- To comply with applicable vessel construction standards
- To work towards developing and maintaining appropriate standards of workmanship in the construction and repair of commercial and pleasure boats, and to stand behind this workmanship upon completion
- To deal honestly and fairly with their customers
- To cooperate to extend the effectiveness of the NSBA by sharing the lessons of experience with other members
- To avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the boatbuilding industry, to the NSBA, to the name or reputation to any of its members, or to customers.
These responsibilities are freely and solemnly assumed as they form part of an obligation as Members of the Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association.