Marine Service Technician
Marine Service Technicians service, repair, refit and upgrade commercial and pleasure boats, power and sail.
They perform structural, cosmetic, electrical, electronic and mechanical work on boats. They also set and tune rigging and haul and store boats.
Marine Service Technicians are the people that keep fishing boats running, keep workboats on the water and service the multitude of pleasure boats on Nova Scotia’s rivers, lakes and coasts.
On September 4th 2012, “Marine Service Technician” was designated as a Trade in Nova Scotia.
Where do Marine Service Technicians work?
- Boat yards
- Yacht clubs
- Marine dealerships
What do Marine Service Technicians do?
Service and repair boat systems such as:
- Hull and topside structure
- Marine electrical/electronics
- Marine piping and mechanical
- Marine engine and propulsion
Where can you get MST skills training?
- Enroll in the Nova Scotia MST Apprenticeship Program. Contact Chip at the NSBA for details.
- Take the MST orientation course
Click Nova Scotia Boatbuilders Association to return to the Training Page.