Boat Builders’ Marketing Assistance Program
Boat Builders’ Marketing Assistance Program ends 30 April 2014
If you have an active BBMAP project, please make sure it’s completed with all claims submitted to NSBA by 30th April, 2014 at the latest. Claims submitted after that date will not be eligible for reimbursement.
NSBA is looking at ways to re-start the BBMAP later this year with new funding from the Province and/or Federal government. As of now, the current BBMAP ends on 30th April, 2014.
2nd December, 2013 – Program revision
The Boat Builders’ Marketing Assistance Program (BBMAP) was re-activated on 1st November, 2013. NSBA has now revised the conditions of the program. The revisions to our 1st November notice are shown in italics:
- Project applications that were received by the NSBA at the time of the freeze on 26th July, 2013 will be treated first, followed by new applications treated on a first-come-first-served basis – until all remaining BBMAP funds are committed.
- The cap of two applications per Nova Scotia-based boatbuilding has been lifted. You can apply for as many projects as you like.
- Only those applications submitted with payment for admin review fee ($50+HST) will be considered, as stated in the application form.
- Due to limited BBMAP funds remaining, there is a funding cap of $3,000 per approval project, using the same percentage funding rates as before.
- All projects must be completed and claims submitted to NSBA by 30th April, 2014.
What is it?
The Boat Builders’ Marketing Assistance Program (BBMAP) is cost shared funding program that will assist export ready boat builders in identifying new markets and undertake new marketing activities. The goal is to increase export sales in target markets beyond Atlantic Canada. This includes markets for recreational, fishing and commercial vessels.
Who can apply?
Nova Scotia boat building companies that are export ready and have export marketing experience are eligible to apply.
What Projects are eligible?
Projects that relate to the development and / or establishment of new market opportunities outside of the Atlantic Provinces may be eligible for funding. Boat builders can apply for cost shared support in the following program categories:
Travel by boat builders to investigate new market opportunities. Individual or groups of boat building companies can apply.
An important aspect of building a stronger market presence for Nova Scotian built boats is to exhibit them at major boat shows and exhibits. This allows potential customers to familiarize themselves with the quality and variety of custom and semi-custom boats offered by Nova Scotian builders. Cost shared support is available for certain costs related to attending major boat shows and exhibitng boats.
The BBMAP will assist boat builders develop marketing materials promoting their company and its products in a professional manner that reflects the quality of boats produced in Nova Scotia. Cost shared support will be available for printed materials, exhibit displays, videos, etc.
Applicants must complete the Boat Builders Marketing Assistance Program application form and include a proposal outlining the details of the project.
Proposal submission details may include:
- Project description and anticipated impact
- Previous export marketing and sales experience
- Background research, information analysis
- Management capacity and experience
- Production capacity to service export markets
- Proposed financing
- Detailed cost estimates
- Project time lines
- Logisitical details
Download a copy of the BBMAP Claim Form here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for a list of FAQ’s related to the Boat Builder Marketing Assistance Program.